• I opened up my garage door only to find my screen door was also locked, sometimes just the act of opening the garage door hits the screen door lock.
• I went around back to see if one of the other doors just happen to be unlocked, no luck.
• I looked for the hidden key, only to find it was an old one and I didn’t change it out with the new lock installs.
• I headed next door to the neighbor who has an extra set of keys to my home, he wasn’t home.
• I used to have family nearby, however, no one even lives in the same state now.
• I checked all of the windows, apparently, they do lock better than I thought.
• I tried to pick one of the locks, however, I suck at being a criminal.
• I finally broke down and called a locksmith, they are really good at breaking in and with such ease and grace.
I have since learned that safeguarding my keys in the proper manner is of the utmost importance for both peace of mind and the security of my home. Walking around in a panic state never looks good on anyone. However, checking on how secure you think your home is or is not can be an eye-opening experience.
According to Urbachletter.com, your doors and windows need special attention;
• Be sure to have deadbolts properly installed.
• Consider replacing those decorative sidelight panels.
• If you can get away with it, don’t have a doggy door installed, if you have one already, be sure to always keep it locked.
• If you have sliders, use a Fortress lock or Charley bar instead of PVC pipe or broomstick as they can be lifted and moved.
• Check and/or replace window locks if they no longer work properly. • Storm windows work much better than just a window with a screen that can always be cut. • Here in Florida, impact windows would work well to send a prospective burglar away and frustrated.
• Check and/or replace window locks if they no longer work properly.
• Storm windows work much better than just a window with a screen that can always be cut.
• Here in Florida, impact windows would work well to send a prospective burglar away and frustrated.
Gotta Gal Home Watch works primarily with homeowners who are away for the “season”, we also offer Key Holder Services and it would be a great option for you. We would keep your keys secured and always available should the need arise.
Other benefits of our key holder service, we can meet delivery or service personnel. We can accept packages on your behalf and secure them inside your home. We meet with contractors when you are unavailable. We respond to emergency calls. We are there when you can’t be.